Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happy Customers

I want to build Posh on consistent, quality customer service! I will always go above and beyond and hope that each client feels that I am attentive and exceed their expectations. Though we live in an age that "quality" customer service seems non-existent, I pride my self on providing the type of customer service that lets my customers know that I care.

I can't stand the rude cashier-who treats you like your getting on her last nerve.



I hate the manager that never listens to the customer and quickly sides with the rude cashier.

And I am easily agitated with excuses.

I was supposed to send out a headband to match the Birthday Girl set that I shipped before my trip. When you make a mistake you should own up to it, so I'm taking my own advice here. That headband should have been ready to go before I left, but I wasn't happy with what I had on hand and wanted to make something a little nicer for the birthday girl. I convinced myself that I had enough time to get it done when I got back. Realistically I figure I had enough time as long as it was out by Tuesday.. No big deal, def do-able. Well as I was loading pics on the blog, Sunday, I realized that the number 1 on daddy's shirt looked off center. My client did not mention anything being out of whack, but I noticed it and immediately planned a replacement shirt. Only I didn't have the shirt in stock! There went my get it out by Tuesday deadline! I did a rush order on the shirt. This time I ordered 2 just in case. The only good thing that came from this was, while I waited on the shirt I experimented with a bunch of different headband options for bday girl. I sent all of them along with a sincere apology to my client on Fri evening (yesterdday). The birthday party was today! Can you say astronomical shipping cost! Next day on a Saturday.. It killed me, but it was my own silly fault!

Even though she never mentioned the shirt, I did what I would have wanted had I been in her shoes. I'd rather have a happy customer than a profit any day. You can always make up for lost profits. You can never make up for a lost customer. So the lesson learned here is to always factor waste into pricing so that we can order a just in case item on custom orders and not get left eating the cost if the just in case is really needed.

2 comments:

  1. hey girl..thanks for commenting on my blog. My email address got erased, so if you will email me I can give you some cute outdoor party ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tischia Gordon ChinnFebruary 7, 2010 at 4:40 PM

    I truly enjoyed seeing your dreams come full circle. Your website and ideas are amazing. Keep it up,
    luv always Tischia

    ReplyDelete

Share

Related Posts with Thumbnails