Sunday, May 31, 2009

Leave No Stone Unturned

I've been away for a week.. on a spur of the moment trip with hubby..  We just celebrated our 7th anniversary.  It's hard to believe its been 7yrs.. boy does time fly....  

Our trip sobered, as we learned of a fellow cruise guest (17yr old on his high school class trip) going overboard of our ship (Carnival Fantasy).  We can't begin to know or understand what his family is going through put pray that God can help them through each day.  

Before I left I finished a few custom sets for clients....  



One of which required a lot of rhinestone setting. 

Currently I set all of my rhinestones by hand...  I know crazy right :)  Well I'm aspiring to one day own one of those fancy-smacy machines that do all of the placement of stones.  I've been working with a client to make a special 1st birthday outfit for her beautiful daughter.  I really consider it a privilege to be given such a responsibility.  Though I don't yet have babies of my own, I know how big of a deal 1st birthday's are especially for Mommies and their princesses.  I really like the finished product, and thought I should write about the process.

Mommy thought it'd be fun to get dad and big brother in on the action too... so we were confronted with the task of making something that wasn't too fru-fru-y...  I used a felt type material in the design of their names and number in a jersey style shirt.

I really like the theme that my client chose...  Lt Blue/Navy Blue for the Boys (Her son and hubby) and Lt Pink/Hot Pink for the girls (she and her little princess)....

Click on the pic to see a closer view

I literally used every stone, and was looking around for them like little crumbs when it came to finishing off the number one on back of the shirt.  The number one alone features over 300 stones.  It takes a steady hand, but isn't as bad as it seems when stoning the design.  I had alot of fun with this set... and only hope that all that behold it will think its as EXTRA FLY as i do :)

Custom designs are my favorite because I know in the end I'm making something that clients can appreciate as exclusively theirs :)

-Chandra

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts with Thumbnails